Ordinance No. 175 - 06/15/98
The general duties and responsibilities of the Sister Cities Committee shall be as follows:
- The powers and duties of the Sister City Committee generally shall be to recommend to the City Council the policies and objectives for the overall sister cities program.
- Develop and recommend to the City Council criteria, objectives and guidelines for the selection of sister cities.
- Plan, develop, promote, and coordinate sister city activities, including but not limited to visits of individuals and exchanges of delegations; educational and informational exchanges and events with sister city communities, their nations and their cultures.
- Develop a comprehensive work plan showing the activities of the Committee, showing how the activities of the Committee will further the objectives of the sister city program; and indicating how the Committee plans to fund its activities in the future.
- Review proposals from individual associations or other institutions for joint programs and assist in effective coordination of such activities, when applicable.
- Conduct fund raising for sister city activities and programs.
Open to any Washington State resident interested in sister cities activities or functions.
Elected annually in April.
Terms of office
3 year terms
For further information
Visit Lakewood Sister Cities Associaton or Contact Economic Development at (253) 589-2489.