Ordinance 594, September 15, 2014
The Community Services Advisory Board advises the City Council on matters related to Human Services, the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnership Act (HOME) programs which may include:
- Facilitate cooperation and coordination with the City on human services, CDBG, and HOME funding issues.
- Recommend to the City Council programs for funding out of City’s general funds, CDBG and HOME funds, and other funding appropriations.
- Hold public hearings to receive public comments to identify community and housing needs, development of proposed activities, and recommendations for funding.
- Develop recommendations for the Consolidated Plan, Action Plan, and other related documents.
- Review and approve annual performance reports of CDBG and HOME activities for submittal to HUD.
- Develop and recommend citywide policies for funding allocations.
- Encourage partnerships and collaboration in the funding and provision community and human services.
- Review needs assessments, gap analyses, and other data to determine citywide needs which will help develop strategic action plans.
- Perform other community services related duties and functions as assigned by the City Council.
Members shall be appointed from among members of the public to include, to the extent reasonably possible, representation from people involved with or interested in the various opportunities and projects to enhance the provision of Community Development Block Grant investments and human services in the city.
A majority of the appointed members of the Board shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business, and a majority vote of those present shall be necessary to carry any recommended actions.
Mayor, subject to confirmation by the City Council
Terms of office
Up to nine (9) members.
The initial five (5) members shall be appointed for four (4) year terms and the remaining four (4) members shall be appointed for two (2) year terms.
Meetings are held as needed.
Individuals appointed are expected to attend meetings regularly. The Council expects to be informed in the event any Committee, Board or Commission member has three unexcused absences. The Council, may in the event of three unexcused absences, dismiss the individual from service.
Applications are on-line on the City’s Website under Advisory Boards, Committees and Commissions Vacancies. Contact City Clerk at (253) 983-7701.