Help Chart the Course for Lakewood!
Over the next six months, the Lakewood community will come together to create a vision and develop a set of goals for the future of our city. The process will build on past accomplishments and will evaluate new priorities to determine what is relevant now.
Through a comprehensive public outreach process, members of the Lakewood community will have many different opportunities to share their thoughts about what the future of Lakewood should look like and how best to get there. The outcome of this process will be a Community Vision Plan that will serve as a roadmap for the future and will address a range of topics such as community image, economic development, and improvements in public facilities and infrastructure.
What is the Visioning Process?
Lakewood’s visioning process will take into account input received from the community. From this, priorities will be developed and plausible alternatives for Lakewood’s future will be explored. These alternatives will test how decisions made today may drive outcomes in the future and will help expose opportunities and challenges, identify key variables of success, and recommend proactive strategies to achieve a successful outcome. As part of the process, a visioning workshop will be held in September 2014 to bring the community together to build consensus about what the future of Lakewood can and should look like.
How Can My Voice Be Heard?
There are several different ways to be involved in the Community Vision Plan process.
- Take the Community Survey: Take the Community Survey . Your answers to these questions will help us identify and prioritize what your Community Vision should address!
- Host a Community Meeting: Are you a member of a community organization? If so, a member of the Lakewood Community Vision Team would love to come speak to your group. Request a community meeting .
- Attend the Visioning Workshop: This important event is scheduled for 6 p.m., Sept. 23 at the Sharon McGavick Conference Center, Clover Park Technical College, 4500 Steilacom Blvd., Lakewood. This workshop will provide many interactive ways for you to share your thoughts on the future of Lakewood. RSVP here .
- Share your thoughts: submit your comments, thoughts, or questions . Want to talk to a real person? Give Dan Catron a call at (253) 983-7730 to have a conversation about the future of your city.
The Community Visioning Workshop is planned for September 2014 and will be open to the entire Lakewood community. The workshop will offer a number of ways for you to provide input into the visioning process and help develop consensus of community vision elements. Activities at the workshop will include:
- Presentations – Learn more about the project and how your input will determine the future of Lakewood.
- Interactive Polling – Tell us what you like and what you don’t!
- Group Visioning Exercise – Develop scenarios for the future that will serve as a foundation for the Vision Plan.
- Discussion/Questions – Share your general thoughts and hear what your neighbors have to say!